The direct consequences of the pandemic in each organization are reorganized objectives and changed priorities. This is due to the transfer of a major part of the business to the virtual world.
Salesforce allows you to keep up with these changes and the growing demand for digital solutions, especially in the area of marketing automation. Acting in line with the Every moment counts principle, we have to be close to the customer, recognize and respond to their expectations. Salesforce digital marketing tools enable this.
Adjusting the communication channel, personalization, taking care of the customer’s experience at each stage of contact with the organization
360-degree customer view
Knowledge of the customer is needed to carry out the above activities; therefore, any interaction should enable collecting and using their data in the future
Tools should be easily scalable so that each of them can be used separately as well as a part of a larger system – depending on business needs
Marketing Cloud Account Engagement is a tool that allows you to build a valuable database of potential customers, efficiently send a newsletter and emails on a wider scale. You can plan marketing campaigns based on mailing and on the current, individual reactions of recipients. All of that happens in the context of close cooperation between marketing and sales departments working (to a large extent) on a common customer base.
- Marketing automation in various channels (email, lead generation: web forms, landing pages)
- Simple and intuitive integration with external tools (CRM, GA, G AdWords, webinar platforms)
- GDPR Compliance
Journey Builder is a marketing automation tool to support marketing work in companies operating in the B2C model. It allows you to create automatic marketing campaign paths and extensive campaigns using such channels as emails, social media, text messages, and push app notifications. Then you can draw purchase and behavioral conclusions based on clear and up-to-date reports and dashboards.
- Customized, easy-to-report campaigns in the form of extensive paths
- Behavioral targeting based on artificial intelligence elements
- Integrated CX (Customer Experience), regardless of channel and customer lifecycle stage
Email studio is the market-leading platform for email marketing. It allows you to use CRM data to segment the shipping base and automate shipments. You can build both email templates for campaigns as well as highly personalized messages to specific recipients.
- Building marketing segments that are coherent and adequate to the actual needs
- Targeting segments and customers and selecting the best content for them accurately
- Automating activities and raising their efficiency using CRM data and an intuitive content builder (click not code)
Marketing Cloud Customer Data Platform allows you to aggregate and unify customer data from various sources such as websites, marketing automation, social media, and CRM. You can build a complete and consistent customer view, available to all company departments that work with the customer. These data (mainly from the B2C and behavioral areas) are used to make ongoing decisions and manage campaigns.
- A current and complete customer view, regardless of the channel
- Even better personalization of the customer experience, regardless of their stage of the customer lifecycle
- Segmentation, analysis, and the ability to quickly introduce changes in the implemented processes (also through native integration with such tools as Interaction Studio or BI – Tableau CRM)
Marketing Cloud Intelligence is an MDM (Master Data Management) tool that allows you to bring company data together. Thanks to this, you can manage these data – combine and analyze them, and then make decisions (including marketing decisions). Marketing Cloud Intelligence (unlike CDP) is recommended for activities in the B2B area because it allows managing customer data and product or location data. Consequently, you can supervise processes.
Built-in connectors and integration interfaces allow you to collect marketing data from all platforms. Intuitive and configurable dashboards make it possible to quickly present ROI (Return on Investment) indicators and enable managing campaigns automatically for these data.
- Improving the work of salespeople through better customer knowledge, more accurate and automated analytics in all customer contact channels
- Centralizing and unifying data through the integration of channels and data sources
- Visualizing data from multiple channels in one place
Marketing Cloud Personalization is a marketing tool that allows you to manage customer experience in real-time. The tool tracks the user’s current activity on the website, and on this basis, displays them the content that best suits their preferences at the moment. For example, depending on the data collected about the given customer, it can display a specific banner on the home page, particular product or service recommendations, a customized contact form, and more. This is how customer engagement is built.
- Customer knowledge extended with behavioral context (from various sources) and attributes attached from other systems (mainly from offline purchases)
- Fully automated and intelligent segmentation of campaign recipients, and personalization of displayed content in various channels – both online and offline recommendations in POS (Point-of-Sale) system
- Extensive attribution reporting and tracking that allow you to make objective, data-backed strategic decisions
Customer experience– personalized campaigns
Manage data, predict behaviors, prepare creative content, and create customer journeys – the paths your potential customer takes before making a purchase.
Gather data on customers
With Salesforce Marketing Cloud, you can collect data on your customers’ behavior before, after, and during the purchase. Based on this data, adjust advertising messages and personalized products or services.
Monitor the ROI of your B2C marketing campaigns and choose only effective methods to reach your customers. Check how your social media activities, mailings, and advertising campaigns are performing.
CRM marketing integration
Combine your marketing and sales activities, working on one platform. Marketing Cloud integrates not only with Salesforce Sales Cloud but also with other CRMs and external Google or online event tools.
How was customer service time reduced by half at home&you?
A reduction of customer service time by half and Customer’s Service Center (CSC) transition to remote work— those are the two most important measurable benefits of implementing the Salesforce Platform. The effect was achieved by replacing many scattered tools with a single system, creating a comprehensive customer database, and standardizing the customer service process.
All of this is now done on one tool, that employees work freely on after transitioning to remote work due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Personalized automation marketing campaigns were also enabled — GDPR-compliant emails and texts. All operations in customer service and marketing are monitored on an ongoing basis.
Read more about Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Marketing Automation: the most common mistakes in the implementation
Personalization in marketing automation (part of the e-book)
Real-time Marketing – how does it work?
Pardot is a tool for B2B marketing automation, whereas Marketing Cloud is a B2C marketing platform. Currently, Marketing Cloud is widely used by companies operating in the B2B model, but also designing B2C-style customer paths for decision-makers in businesses with which they cooperate.
A customer journey is a sequence of messages sent automatically to a precisely defined segment of customers in order to induce them to specific behaviors.
There are several common types of shipping paths.
In marketing terms (based on the customer lifecycle):
- nurturing (encouraging the customer to make a purchase);
- abandoned basket/wishlist (the customer started the purchasing process but did not complete it within the required time);
- following up after the purchase (attempting to resell a complementary product);
- reactivating (refers to customers that have been inactive for a long time);
- promoting a new product/service;
- PR (for example, supporting a charity).
In customer service terms:
- confirming registration in the online store, loyalty program;
- confirming transaction;
- informing about the amount of collected points;
- conducting a satisfaction survey.
As mentioned, these are popular shipping paths. However, it does not mean that there are no other options. Choosing a path depends on current needs and determining which business processes require more support.
Marketing automation (software)
It is a system that collects and securely stores customer data from various sources at the customer-company interface (mentioned above CRM, e-commerce, ERP, Google Analytics, and others). These data are used in marketing campaigns.
Marketing automation (strategy)
The development of a marketing automation strategy (based on the CRM strategy, that is, customer relationship management) is an essential element that guarantees the effectiveness of the MA (marketing automation) tool implementation. The MA strategy means determining how, when, and in what form we want to communicate with our customers.